Flagler Coastal Wildlife Experience: November 1 - 3, 2019
This page is for trip registration only. Payment can be made through either PayPal or regular mail. Further information will be given on making payment after completion of trip registration.
Trip Registration Deadline
October 18, 2019 or when trip capacity is reached
$199 per paddler. The trip fee includes camping, meals, educational tours, and evening entertainment.
The Meal Plan. Meals will be provided by professional caterers or local civic groups. Expect hearty, hot fare for breakfast and dinner. Lunches will include ample portion of fruit, chips, cookies, granola bars, PB&J sandwiches, and water.
Boat & Gear Recommendations
Even in good weather, it's not uncommon to experience windy conditions in the wider sections of the Matanzas River, though we'll choose more protected routes as conditions dictate. For this trip, we recommend kayaks of at least 16 feet in length equipped with a rudder or skeg and a spray skirt. You should also have solid kayaking, rescue, wet exit, and swimming skills. If you have any questions about the kind of environment you will encounter on this trip, please contact Bill Richards at email@example.com.
Paddlers needing to rent a kayak and related gear should contact Ripple Effect EcoTours in St. Augustine at 904-347-1565.
Required Liability Waiver
Participants are required to complete a liability waiver, which can be downloaded from the 'Documents' tab of this page. If you're sending your registration form through regular mail, please print out and send the completed waiver with your check. You can also bring the completed waiver with you to trip check-in. We will also have blank waivers onsite for paddlers to complete.
Paddle Florida Policies
- All paddlers must attend the trip overview and orientation on the first evening. Paddlers must adhere to the safety guidelines presented.
- All paddlers must wear a properly fitted U.S. Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (PFD) and whistle at all times on the water.
- Paddlers under age 18 are the responsibility of, and must be accompanied by, a parent or guardian. No more than two children under the age of 12 per adult guardian.
- Sorry, no pets allowed.
- All paddlers must provide an emergency contact information and sign a Waiver of Claims and Release of Liability form. Parents must sign for their children under the age of 18.
- People-powered watercraft only.
- Paddle Florida adheres to all rules put forth by the public parks we stay in, including the ban on alcoholic beverages.
- All paddlers must respect private property along waterways.
- All paddlers must have basic paddling and swimming skills.
- Violations of any of these policies can result in the paddler being removed from the event without refund.
Due to the financial outlay and costs incurred by Paddle Florida during event planning, any force majeure, which includes but is not limited to water levels, inclement weather, and any other Acts of God not mentioned herein, shall not result in the refund of any fees paid to Paddle Florida. Absolutely no fees will be refunded after 15 days before the event begins. Before each trip registration deadline, requests for fee refunds will be considered on a case-by-case basis.