Flori-Bama Expedition on the Perdido River: March 10-15, 2019
This page is for trip registration only. Payment can be made through either PayPal or regular mail. Further information will be given on making payment after completion of the trip registration form.
Trip Registration Deadline
February 24, 2019 or when trip capacity is reached
The trip fee includes camping, meals, and shuttle.
- Adult Paddlers: $575/person
- Senior Paddlers: $550/person
- College Student Paddlers: $550/person
- Youth Paddlers: $525/person
- Children (7 and under): Free
The Meal Plan. Meals will be provided by professional caterers or local civic groups. Expect hearty, hot fare for breakfast and dinner. On-water lunch stops will include ample portions of fruit, chips, cookies, granola bars, PB&J sandwiches, and water.
Shuttle Service. Paddlers will park their vehicles at the trip's ending point at Perdido Pass, AL by 1PM on March 10. After boats and gear are loaded onto trailers and the truck, paddlers will be shuttled to the trip's launching point at Otto Hill Campground northwest of Cantonment, FL. Vehicles will be waiting for paddlers at trip's end.
Even in good weather, it's not uncommon to experience windy and choppy conditions in the Perdido River as it widens near the Gulf of Mexico...though we'll paddle in water protected by barrier islands. For this trip, we recommend kayaks of at least 14 feet in length equipped with a rudder or skeg and a spray skirt. If you have any questions about the kind of environment you will encounter on this trip, please contact Bill Richards at email@example.com.
Required Liability Waiver
Participants will be required to complete a liability waiver, which can be downloaded from the 'Documents' tab of this page. If you're sending your registration form through regular mail, please also print and send your completed waiver with your check. You can also bring your completed waiver with you to trip check-in. We will also have blank waivers onsite for paddlers to complete.
Paddle Florida Policies
- All paddlers must attend the trip overview and orientation on the first evening. Paddlers must adhere to the safety guidelines presented.
- Paddlers must wear a properly fitted U.S. Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (PFD) and whistle at all times on the water.
- Paddlers under age 18 are the responsibility of, and must be accompanied by, a parent or guardian. No more than 2 children under the age of 12 per adult guardian.
- Sorry, no pets allowed.
- All paddlers must provide emergency contact information and sign a Waiver of Claims and Release of Liability form. Parents must sign for children under the age of 18.
- People-powered watercraft only.
- Paddle Florida adheres to all rules put forth by the public parks we stay in, including the ban on alcoholic beverages.
- All paddlers must respect private property along the waterways we paddle.
- All paddlers must have basic paddling and swimming skills.
- Violations of these policies can result in the paddler being removed from the event without refund.
Due to the financial outlay and costs incurred by Paddle Florida during event planning, any force majeure, which includes but is not limited to water levels, inclement weather, and any other Acts of God not mentioned herein, shall not result in the refund of any fees paid to Paddle Florida. Absolutely no fees will be refunded after 15 days before the event begins. Before each trip registration deadline, requests for fee refunds will be considered on a case-by-case basis.