Wild, Wonderful Withlacoochee: January 18-23, 2018
This page is for trip registration only. Payment can be made through either PayPal or mail. Further information will be given on making payment after completion of the trip registration form.
Trip Registration Deadline
January 4, 2018 or when trip capacity is reached
Full Trip Fee
The trip fee includes camping, meals, and shuttle.
The Meal Plan.
- Adult Paddlers: $525/person
- Senior Paddlers (65+): $500/person
- College Student Paddlers: $50/person
- Youth Paddlers (8-17): $475/person
- Children (7 and under): Free
Meals will be provided by professional caterers or local civic groups. Expect hearty, hot fare for breakfast and dinner. On-water lunch stops will include ample portions of fruit, chips, cookies, granola bars, PB&J sandwiches, and water. Shuttle Service.
Paddlers will leave their vehicles at the launch point, Marsh Bend Outlet Park in Lake Panasoffkee, for the duration of the trip. At the trip's conclusion, paddlers and their boats and gear will be shuttled back to their vehicles. There is no option for leaving vehicles at the trip's take-out point.
Paddle Florida Lite$110/day.
Can't get away for the whole trip? Choose the Paddle Florida Lite option and pay a daily rate over four or fewer days. The daily fee includes a meal plan, but no shuttle. If you are not paddling the whole trip, you may need to arrange for your own shuttle transportation. Contact Bill Richards at email@example.com for more information.
This trip encompasses mostly sheltered rivers, with two exceptions. The 8-mile crossing of Lake Rousseau on Day 5 and the very last mile of the trip heading into the Gulf of Mexico involve more open waters that can be vulnerable to winds and waves. For this reason, we recommend kayaks of at least 14 feet in length, equipped with a rudder or skeg and a spray skirt. If you have any questions about the kind of environment you will encounter on this trip, please contact Bill Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paddlers needing to rent a kayak and related gear may contact one of our partnering outfitters: Rainbow River Canoe & Kayak
out of Dunnellon or Aardvark's Florida Kayak Company
out of Crystal River.
Required Liability Waiver
Participants will be required to complete a liability waiver, which can be downloaded from the 'Documents' tab of this page. If you're sending your registration form through regular mail, please also print and send the completed waiver with your check. You can also bring the completed waiver with you to check-in. We will also have blank waivers onsite for paddlers to complete.
Paddle Florida Policies
- All paddlers must attend the trip overview and orientation on the first evening. Paddlers must adhere to the safety guidelines presented.
- Paddlers must wear a properly fitted US Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (PFD) and whistle at all times on the river.
- Paddlers under age 18 are the responsibility of, and must be accompanied by, a parent or guardian. No more than two children under the age of 12 per adult guardian.
- Sorry, no pets allowed.
- All paddlers must provide emergency contact information and sign a Waiver of Claims and Release of Liability form. Parents must sign for children under the age of 18.
- People-powered watercraft only.
- Paddle Florida adheres to all rules put forth by the public parks we stay in, including the ban on alcoholic beverages.
- All paddlers must respect private property along the river.
- All paddlers must have basic paddling, swimming, and wet exit skills.
- Violations of these policies can result in the paddler being removed from the event without refund.
Due to the financial outlay and costs incurred by Paddle Florida during event planning, any force majeure, which includes but is not limited to water levels, inclement weather, and any other Acts of God not mentioned herein, shall not result in the refund of any fees paid to Paddle Florida. Absolutely no fees will be refunded after 15 days before the event begins. Any fees refunded by Paddle Florida will be considered on a case-by-case basis.